SBARC... Are you okay...

27 minutes ago, Waco said:

*break*

Are there any updates still posting on the main page?  I get a broken link when I try to visit the front page.

I typed in aircraftresourcecenter.com and it opened, then clicked the "Home" tab and the top and it went to arcair.com and opened, so seems to be working, but the last update I see is from December 13.

1 hour ago, GW8345 said:

I would recommend you inquire with Scooby, he nominated me (but has since rescinded it) so he should know the process.

I was actually second, if you look back you nominated yourself first.

9 hours ago, GW8345 said:

I guess I can relate a little about when it comes to subjective observations,some may find old British cars to be sophisticated and exude intelligence but I find them to be foolish and over-rated. But, then again, everything is subjective isn't it.

Au contraire, mon frère, British cars are the MOST intelligence vehicles ever built.

They know before you do when you're done driving for the day.

1 hour ago, Alvis 3.1 said:

Au contraire, mon frère, British cars are the MOST intelligence vehicles ever built.

They know before you do when you're done driving for the day.

Well, they are known for their inconsistent operations, my guess it is due to their questionable wiring and poor standards of quality.

21 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

Well, they are known for their inconsistent operations, my guess it is due to their questionable wiring and poor standards of quality.

See: -Lucas, Prince of Darkness.
-Lucas Three Position Switch: Dim/Flicker/Off
-Triumph Oil Indicator: That black line on the road trailing behind the car
-Lucas= Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices

I am alive and recovering from COVID>

I have been working 4 jobs / 7 days a week for a total of 105 hours a week.  ARC takes 40 hours a week to do properly, so obviously there was no time to do ARC.  I have dropped 2 of my jobs to free up time on the weekends.  I am hoping to get back into ARC by doing an update each weekend just to keep the homepage mildly active. 

I lost my main job (Tour bus driver for cruise ship passengers in my city) when covid hit.  I decided to take a year off when covid arrived as the dangers of covid seemed rather serious in the first year. My wife also took a year off.  Obviously this didn't do our finances any good.  I had covid a few weeks ago and the current variant seems quite mild.  My energy levels are still a bit on the low side but I'm resting as much as I can.

ARC will be back to daily updates in the future, but that won't be for a while.  ARC income covers the server fees and nothing more.  So any time I spend on ARC is unpaid time.  I work 2 full time jobs during the week and now that I have dumped my 2 part time weekend jobs, I hope to get more rest.

I am carrying around a large high interest debt that I am heavily focused on getting rid of.  ARC has to be a secondary priority to that.  I am hoping to upgrade both of my full time jobs to higher paying jobs in the coming months.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

4 minutes ago, SBARC said:

I am alive and recovering from COVID>

I have been working 4 jobs / 7 days a week for a total of 105 hours a week.  ARC takes 40 hours a week to do properly, so obviously there was no time to do ARC.  I have dropped 2 of my jobs to free up time on the weekends.  I am hoping to get back into ARC by doing an update each weekend just to keep the homepage mildly active. 

I lost my main job (Tour bus driver for cruise ship passengers in my city) when covid hit.  I decided to take a year off when covid arrived as the dangers of covid seemed rather serious in the first year. My wife also took a year off.  Obviously this didn't do our finances any good.  I had covid a few weeks ago and the current variant seems quite mild.  My energy levels are still a bit on the low side but I'm resting as much as I can.

ARC will be back to daily updates in the future, but that won't be for a while.  ARC income covers the server fees and nothing more.  So any time I spend on ARC is unpaid time.  I work 2 full time jobs during the week and now that I have dumped my 2 part time weekend jobs, I hope to get more rest.

I am carrying around a large high interest debt that I am heavily focused on getting rid of.  ARC has to be a secondary priority to that.  I am hoping to upgrade both of my full time jobs to higher paying jobs in the coming months.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I hope things slow for you and go back to normal. Welcome back (one foot in the door at least).

I'm sorry you got COVID, glad to hear it was a mild form. Take care of yourself and family and let us know how we can help make it more sustainable for you to run ARC 🙂

Arnaud

:post1:  Welcome  back to the forums. 

Good to hear that you are recovering and hopefully getting much healthier  Steve.

thank you for your post....

(now WE can close this thread down maybe to stop squabbles).

Thank you  for the updates.

:thumbsup2:

Happy to hear your alive and getting better, really hope your financial situation gets better, don't know about Canada, but here in the U.S. there are a ton of jobs available. 

Ditto to comments above - sorry to hear that you got COVID, and all of the hours you're putting into work, but glad to hear you've recovered and managed to get a little more free time.  Please take care, and I hope things get to the point where you have more time to do what you like!

Get well Steve ...

My brother and two sisters in law both had covid back in early January also, even mild its still not fun ...

I think the main thing was allot of us were worried when you went dark for so long and not that you owe us an explanation but just a note to say I'm alive and kicking but ARC has to take a back seat for the time being would have eased allot of members minds ...

Again, Get Well and Best Wishes to You and Yours ...

-Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

Best wishes to you for a full recovery! Fully understand that ARC cannot be a high priority for you right now. Do what you need to do to get yourself and your family in a good place.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, andrew.deboer said:

ARC needs a Patreon page. I’ve enjoyed this site for over a decade completely for free. Time for us all to give something back.

That or PayPal. I'd pony some bucks up.