My wife has cancer

My wife has stage 3A breast cancer. I have been distracted for the past 9 months in her ongoing treatment (surgery, 6 months of Chemo and 6 weeks of radiation).

I having been working extra shifts at work to keep up with the bills (oldest daughter out of town in 1st year University and wife not working). We are optimistic she will make a full recovery and live a long and happy life...my apologies if I have seemed more distracted than normal.

My life is overly busy during good times.

My wife has stage 3A breast cancer. I have been distracted for the past 9 months in her ongoing treatment (surgery, 6 months of Chemo and 6 weeks of radiation).

I having been working extra shifts at work to keep up with the bills (oldest daughter out of town in 1st year University and wife not working). We are optimistic she will make a full recovery and live a long and happy life...my apologies if I have seemed more distracted than normal.

My life is overly busy during good times.

Holy Hell, hang in there.

Thanks guys...the survival rate are 75% for the first 5 years. The cancer has spread to her lymph nodes...but no further. So we have reason to be optimistic she will make a full recovery.

Hang in there Steve, you being strong will help ease her worries and make a full recovery. I’m sure there are a few here that have gone thru the same thing that your family is as it hits the whole family in one way or the other.

Jari

I have a close friend who is Stage IV, she will have to have chemo for the rest of her life(she's going through a treatment at the present time, as it happens), however she will at least still be here for her husband, children and grandchildren. If she can do it with it being Stage IV, I am hopeful that your wife will prevail and come out of this healthy. I absolutely HATE cancer.

Steve, my wife had this 12 years ago. She is still giving me hell 12 years later so it is very beatable.;) Your wifes treatment regime sounds similar to what mine went thru, she also had lymph nodes involved & has just this year come off a long term hormone therapy she was on since her treatment cause they said, there was no point anymore, she was considered to be totally OK. I know how tough it can be & the bills are hell but it does come right.

Take care,

Steve.

Steve;

My prayers are with you and your family. I just lost a friend 2 wks ago to returning cancer. Breast cancer surviver of 2008, But and returning cancer of the colon and spine. Got notified

and she passed a month later. She now is at her masters side

in peace. God Speed in your wife's and families recovery.Keep the Faith.

Todd

Edited by Todd

Steve,

This December is my wife's 5 year mark as a breast cancer survivor. She previously had thyroid cancer in 2006. The breast cancer was in her lymph nodes as well and she had them removed in her left arm. So, that meant 8 sessions of chemo and 36 sessions of radiation. At the end of that, she was prescribed Tamoxifin (estrogen blocker since her cancer was estrogen-based) for 5 years which she will finish in December. It's been a haul, but other than fatigue and bone aches from the Tamoxifin, she's fit and active as much as she can be. Heck, we kayaked three hours this past Saturday. Cancer sucks, sucks big time, but the people that we've met when we were going through our journey were fantastic. We're using our journey to reach out to others going through it and it blesses the heart. It has changed our whole perspective (one reason I'm not at my model bench much anymore) and we are trying to enjoy and share all we have been blessed with. Our prayers are with you.

Kent

I'm glad you brought this up, SBARC. I hope for your wife's complete recovery.

I'm happy to see some survivor stories posted already. My mom has fought breast cancer with chemotherapy for about 6 months and still has surgery and radiation left to go. I'm glad I haven't had to go through it with my wife, and I hope I never do, but this time has been one of the toughest of my life.

It's still October, and in America it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I will never live through another October without knowing that.

Edited by Exhausted