I will have pictures by the weekend..but today was another first for me.

with out any warning...an A-1 skyraider pulled onto our ramp!!!!!

It was being ferried from France to somewhere in Alabama, tho I didn't get the details. I will be helping the pilot tomorrow with some minor house keeping before he flies it into the states..so I will have lots of pics!!!

Sean

Walking to the car after finishing up my grocery shopping, I hear noise, look up and what should I see but a couple of Vipers inbound to Vandenberg. Since I'm going through a frustration stage with my Viper build right now, I needed that. I'm assuming they were shooting touch-n-goes because I called my uncle and he said they had buzzed his house earlier in the day. Matter of fact, as I type this, I think I hear them again...

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Yesterday was my last day in fribourg (CH) and went to Payerne airbase to try to see some good stuff like hornets and maybe some tigers and pumas and yeaaaah....guess what???

got there,start looking and the runway was closed due to pavement redoing (is that right???)...ohhh sheees,cant be possible!!!!!

so i sadly got back home and packed up my stuff to come back here!

then I went out to load my car and stuff and saw two hornets in "low pass" (more "visible pass" than low pass LOL) pulling their engine to great volumes....ahhhh!!!!

the day wasnt wasted at all LOL LOL...they propably came from Sion since it re-opened tuesday to operational flight!!!

so,sorry no pics (i was in payerne ith tripod and camera LOL) but next time I'll do some for you!!!

Cheers guys....

:crying2:

Well last shift I saw two harriers and a C-17 that brough in the secret sevice limos for VP chenny's visit today. Then on the way into work today I saw the stagin local for AF2 but I didn't get a chance to see the planebut i did get a look at a "Chopped" 747. Funny looking thing imagine a 747 shortened to ridiculus proportions and painted up in dark green colors with date palm trees and crossed simitars on the tail. I guess some middle eastern type is in town for something or another.

Jim

Not today but about a month ago I went to EAA, I'm sure some of you guys have heard about it. Saw a Viper, a Prowler, an Eagle, a Raptor and a Hornet. Ahhhhhh the sweet smell of jet fuel!

Went for my lunch break with a guy who used to be in 433 squadron. Went to the Toronto International airport saw 188703 take off.

Then we drove round back in time for it to do a knife edge past as we were parking.

So we park, the plane pulls in 30 feet away, Captain Mitchell hopes out of the plane, grabs a water bottle and comes over to chew the fat with us at the fence. Very nice of him, hardly looked winded or sweating at all, like he just finished a 15 minute commute, very freindly. (for an officer) :thumbsup:

Also saw, 188760, SW coded F-16s, a CP-140 and a herc from Niagara falls all take off.

And now, lunch is over (went 5 minutes over :thumbsup: ) and now I am back with the shinny happy faces.

I saw the stagin local for AF2 but I didn't get a chance to see the planebut i did get a look at a "Chopped" 747. Funny looking thing imagine a 747 shortened to ridiculus proportions and painted up in dark green colors with date palm trees and crossed simitars on the tail. I guess some middle eastern type is in town for something or another.

[trimmed]

I'm guessing you saw a 747SP, or "Special Performance." Boeing took the 747-100 design, shortened it by forty-eight feet, increased the height of the vertical tail, made a few other miscellaneous changes, and ended up with the SP model, with vastly increased performance. It had a range of over 7,600 miles, and was the longest range airliner in regular service until the 747-400. Max cruise speed was a zippy Mach .92.

The 747SP is not a modified former normal-size 747, it was a seperate design and build. A handful of US airlines have operated it in the past, such as Pan Am, Braniff, American, and United. They were used on ultra long-haul flights (for the time) like Dallas to Tokyo, San Francisco to Sydney, and so on. Many of those planes eventually made their way to the middle east, where they have proven popular with governments and private owners. It is a rare aircraft as well, with only 45 built and 16 still in service today.

I remember passing by SFO when I was young and seeing United 747SP's sitting there. "That's funny," I thought, "That one sure looks shorter than those other 747s...?"

Had some Marine Cobra's and a Huey fly by. Though they might stop for fuel at the local airport so I drove out. No luck with them stopping but I did find this there. An S-61N N502SC s/n 61737. Looks to be an ex UK Coast Guard machine.

S7300426.jpg

S7300430.jpg

Mike