As soon as they release a photo of it....... :thumbsup:

Just kidding.

Ken

I will quote this message in 5 years and say: "Now they have". :P

Great work so far Ken, i look forward to see it taking a rounder shape...

Btw, regarding green putty, do you use squadron one? I bought it some time ago, and i loved the putty, but i hated the cap...It was way too short, and after a while it was impossible to screw on, since everything filled up with putty. (i dont have that problem on tamya putty, since cap is longer). If you use squadron, how do you get around the issue i had?

Wow... just wow. I can't say I am surprised to see you taking on this project, but that doesn't mean I'm not impressed. I'm mightily impressed.

Great work so far, can't wait to see how it goes the rest of the way.

A quick question, what is your experience with scribing panel lines and rivets into MIlliput?

I must admit - I hadn't thought that far ahead - that smacks of planning !!!! :whistle:

I did try to scribe a line in the Milliput - after these photos were taken - and it seems to be OK - the Milliput is hard enough.

Meanwhile...... the first sanding down of the port side reveals that I have got the leading edge of the 'centroplane' too low where it meets the fuselage....

Pak%20fa%20015.jpg

It needs to be modified .........

Pak%20fa%20016.jpg

I have pencilled in some lines - to highlight the curves - it is difficult to visualise the shape with so many different colours and textures.

The first coat of primer will show up the shape better

Here is the model with a temporary 'canard' and the Hobby Boss wing taped on - you can see how the canard is too low at its trailing edge root...

Pak%20fa%20017.jpg

Nothing that a little fettling won't fix..... :monkeydance:

Ken

More progress......

I fixed the canard root leading edge - and added more Milliput to raise it up.....

Pak%20fa%20018.jpg

It's amazing how it all looks so smooth - until you spray on a coat of primer.

This shows up loads of areas that need more works with filler - this time Green Stuff .....

Pak%20fa%20019.jpg

While the top surface is hardening, time to attend to the undersides...

The cut-down Nakotne engine nacelles are added - I have also added plastic card to create a boundary layer diverter between the wing lower surface and the intake roof....

Pak%20fa%20020.jpg

....then more plastic card to form the intake roof itself (bottom intake)......

Pak%20fa%20021.jpg

I reckon I can bodge the intakes from a Revell Su-27 kit to make the PAK FA intakes.... here, the cut-down inner wall has been added...

Pak%20fa%20022.jpg

That's all folks...... :thumbsup:

Ken

Some more progress - this time on the intakes, which I was dreading..... :whistle:

It turned out not to be as difficult as I thought.....

I used the Revell Su-27 intake sides - suitably cut down, bent and re-shaped....

Pak%20fa%20023.jpg

Ribs were added inside the maingear wells (as much as I could tell from the few photos) and the side was attached.

The 'bottom' of the intake is plastic card - with a section of the blow-in doors from the Revell intake..... (I might re-do that part!)

Pak%20fa%20024.jpg

This photo of the unfinished starboard intake shows the triangular fillets at the bottom corners and the way that the Revell intake parts are bent to shape...

Pak%20fa%20025.jpg

I wasn't happy with the nose area - so it was chopped down, filled with Milliput and re-shaped.

I found that I can use the Hobby Boss F-22 canopy - suitably cut down...

Pak%20fa%20026.jpg

Ken