"Bondo" Phil Brandt has died

Really sad news-he was a very friendly and genuinely nice person. He lived not too far from where I work; and I enjoyed talking to him from time to time when I came across him at the post office or the stores; I believe I last saw him a couple days before he was leaving for his trip to Europe.

Edited by KursadA

WOW. Phil was a true gentleman and artist. I was lucky enough to meet and talk Phil on several occasions, he will truly be missed. This is a true lost to the modeling community.

Dave Fassett

A terrific modeller and a great guy, he'll be missed by all. My deepest sympathies for his family and friends. Our modelling world has been lessened by his passing, our lives were enriched by his presence.

Al P.

Over on HS one of the posters suggested a "Difficult kit division" tribute group build to honor Bondo. Several of us are in if it comes to pass. I've only got one resin kit but,I also have several vac kits that would qualify for Bondo's "difficult kit division". Anybody here interested?

I never had the pleasure of meeting him but, I always enjoyed his posts and I did have a few business(model) dealings with him. The modeling world is a much poorer place now.

CAVU, Bondo.

Cheers, Terry

I am really sorry to hear about Phil. In all the years that I traveled

around Texas to various shows I got to know Phil quite well. A real nice

guy and funny too. He will really be missed.

My condolences to Phil's family at this time of their loss.

RIP senor "Bondo".

Jerry

Collect Air, I think that was the company or still is that made very expensive and some say not so great models of aircraft that no major manufacturer would tackle. "Bondo" always tackled them, and while I never met the man, I always read his articles and his work was astounding...a true master modeler. Hopefully if he is in heaven a full stash and lots of models await him.

He was an inspiration.

I only met him once, but it was a real honor and wish I could have spent more time around him. The world could definitely use more like him.

Always looked forward to his builds and any of his postings on HS. Really going to miss his Bondo-isms!

God speed Phil and hope you're enjoying the big "El Rancho Loafo" in the sky! :salute::crying2:

I did not know the gentleman and unfortunately never got to see his work/modeling but I am really

Sorry to hear of someone who contributed greatly to the art of modeling kit models has gone to the silver skies.

He will be missed by all those that knew him as a friend, colleague and MY condolences and sympathies goes out

to his family . :pray:

Rest in Peace Mr Brandt. :salute:

Edit: typing error.

Edited by HOLMES