No, not Robin Williams too

Oh man...this is terrible news! He was such a funny guy that helped others forget their worries for a time. "Good Morning Vietnam" is one of my favorite comedy movies. He will be missed.

Don

This one hurts, it stings and made me feel sick. I am a depression survivor, even thought things are great now, it could change. I have been cut down from a rope around my neck. I may not knows the horrors that where in hes head, but I can relate to those demons. I'll be honest, I am made as hell that depression claimed another great life. I maybe be taking it harder then most, but this is something I can relate to so much. When i heard the new I was numb and did all I could do not to break down.

Too may people say, things like "cheer up" or "suck it up" and act like we are faking. Depression is a killer and its a consistent battle to live a normal life with the social stigma attached to any slight mention on Mental Illness. :bandhead2: Yes, I can cope and I will tomorrow and the next day, but I can 't tell you what it will be like this time next month.

OK, I'm going to stop my rant here. I really do not want to take the spot light of this tread from who it was intended for. I just had to vent. Today was a trying day for me to start with.

Vince

Very sad to hear of his passing. I find it hard to think someone who was able to bring joy to others by making them laugh can be so hard on himself. Looking back, I thought his acting was strongest in non-comedy roles like The Awakenings. My deepest condolences to his loved ones.

This world has lost one of its greatest entertainers, as a comic, comedian and actor his talents were/are second to none. As a man, person, human his body of work stands out just as much. Many of us have different opinions as to which of his movies was his best work; however for many of us that are in the military or are veterans....his best work is and will remain "Good Morning Vietnam", in that movie his wide range of talent and abilities was showcased at their best. I only wish someone had been there in your most dire hour of need.

Godspeed and rest in eternal peace Mr. Williams :salute::pray: .

Edited by #1 Greywolf