Suggestion on new kit

There are rumors that Trumpy is doing the rest of the Century Series over the next few years in 32nd with probably Hobbyboss following them in 48th. If that is the case I'd doubt anyone else may be looking at them - especially the interceptors (101, 102 and 106)

Though I for one put in a plea for the designers to do a better engineering job on the main gear attachments in the next 101 kit - even if it is 'non prototype!

Matt

I'm hoping this is true and I have heard the same, which is one of the reasons I am holding off scribing my Monogram Voodoo.

Raymond -

I'll just go back and re-post what I posted at the very beginning of this thread, just to reinforce it:

I would strongly suggest to Kinetic (and every other manufacturer) that there is a LOT of very knowledgeable, highly experienced help available for the asking to quality check kits while in the design/development stage. Many, if not most problem areas of model kits could be easily avoided with more complete research, and (importantly) a fresh set of eyeballs looking at the drawings (or CAD files) to see what the designer may have missed. Speaking as someone who has made his share of mistakes along this line, I always try to get someone to look at my projects (decal artwork) before they go to the printer to see what I may have missed or done wrong. There are many people who frequent these boards (myself included) who would be delighted to assist Kinetic free of charge in order to help make their kits more accurate and complete. All they need to do is ask.

As picky as people have become - expecting near perfection and blasting kits that do not achieve it - it would benefit any manufacturer to take advantage of the expertise that is available.

Best regards,

Jennings Heilig

Raymond,

I suggested very early on in this thread requesting a FJ-3 Fury but in addition might I suggest other 50's naval subjects. This area has been neglected by the major kit manufacturers for years. In addition to the Fury, there's the F9F Cougar, F11F Tiger, F7U-3 Cutlass, A3J Savage and A3D Skywarrior and also maybe a H-34 if you might be considering helocopters. It seems the Revell/Germany kit will never be re-released and it commands high prices when resold. While some of those aircraft are represented in 1/48th scale, they are either poorly done limited run kits or expensive resin kits or no longer available. The USAF is well represented in plastic with the Monogram kits as well as others. While not the most recent molds they are still pretty good kits with few flaws that can be easily corrected.

With Hobby Boss looking to release the A-6 and A-7 series and Grand Phoenix/AZ's very well done Demon, those kits really don't need to be redone. I think you may hit a gold mine with those kits since vitrually no one does them. Thanks for your consideration.

Edited by jpk
Raymond -

I'll just go back and re-post what I posted at the very beginning of this thread, just to reinforce it:

I would strongly suggest to Kinetic (and every other manufacturer) that there is a LOT of very knowledgeable, highly experienced help available for the asking to quality check kits while in the design/development stage. Many, if not most problem areas of model kits could be easily avoided with more complete research, and (importantly) a fresh set of eyeballs looking at the drawings (or CAD files) to see what the designer may have missed. Speaking as someone who has made his share of mistakes along this line, I always try to get someone to look at my projects (decal artwork) before they go to the printer to see what I may have missed or done wrong. There are many people who frequent these boards (myself included) who would be delighted to assist Kinetic free of charge in order to help make their kits more accurate and complete. All they need to do is ask.

As picky as people have become - expecting near perfection and blasting kits that do not achieve it - it would benefit any manufacturer to take advantage of the expertise that is available.

Best regards,

Jennings Heilig

Dear Jennings,

Yes, you are right. A lot of resources here, so, we will take this approach in the next project.

The problem to sell the weapon "already" in the kit that it may have a negative impact on the sales of the kit. But we will discuss this with Kinetic to see what they think.

Perhaps the way to go would be to poll the folks who've bought, or will buy the Viper kits:

- How many modelers bought the kit?

- How many bought it JUST for the weapons?

- How many wouldn't buy an F-16 if the weapons were available separately?

- How many would buy the Kinetic F-16 (as opposed to Tamiya or Hasegawa,) even if the weapons were available separately?

Edited by RedHeadKevin

Even though I'm primarily a 1/72 scale builder, I purchased the Kinetic F-16AM kit (and F-84F as well). What I liked about the kit is the cool weapons selection, and the ability to build other early versions of the plane (F-16ADF in particular).

Looking at my stash, and I ralized that there is another kit that is needed in which there is NO good kit of in 1/72 or in 1/48....

The Su-7BM/BKL!!

WEAPONS. (Kinetic already includes a ton with the new Viper kits, why not make their own boxes full of weapons, so that Hasegawa and resin-makers aren't the only games in town.)

-One set with all modern AAM's (AIM-9M/X, AIM-120B/C, Phoenixes, Sparrows) and LAU-128 rails.

-One set with say, 2 dozen Mk.82's, with 8 AIR-tails, 8 GBU-12's, and 8 GBU-38's

-One set with all the GPS guided bombs in use (GBU-31(2 each both warheads,) GBU-32 (2 of them), GBU-38 (4) and GBU-39 (2 racks of 4 each) and 2 WCMD's)

-OR, just put 6-10 of ONE kind of weapon in each box, and sell them for a lower price.

Have some overlap with your sets. Don't be like Hasegawa, where you have to buy 2 different sets to outfit a Tomcat. Include enough in your sets that you can outfit a typical aircraft with one box. Modelers don't want to buy 2 boxes to get 4 JDAMs. Before this sounds too far-fetched, the F-16 kits already have a sprue with 2 different AIM-9's, 2 different AIM-120's, 2 different Mk. 82's (slick and JDAM,) a GBU-12 and a cluster bomb. I know I'd buy that sprue if it was boxed up and sold individually. Kinetic also has the molds for Litening, LANTIRN, and Sniper pods, HARM and HTS pod, 2000lb JDAM, Maverick with single launcher, and GBU-24 (but no, we don't need more of those.) They could probably easily sell them individually.

I agree with Kevin's weapons idea.

Hope someone can hear our pay :woot.gif: Well,the models I®d like to see at 1/48 have been all already mentioned by friends.But I®m going to write my favourite ones

-T-45 Goshawk

-SH-2 Seasprite

-AH-56 Cheyenne

-EA-6 and A-6 family

I think E-2 Hawkeye and C-2 Greyhound are very nice models,but can®t imagine the size!!

Another subject,recently I®ve built some kits that requires some amount of antennas but of course,they were not included on the kit.Scrathcbuilding can be funny until you have to do a lot of those small pieces and trying to do all the same can be a hard job,so I was wondering if its possible to make a set with the most common antennas,in all scales.

The porcupine

AIR_RC-12N_Guardrail_lg.jpg

Thanks!!

I.Martin :rolleyes:

hello!

in 48th:

Mig 25

Mig 31

Su-34

Su-35

Su-24

Mirage 2000

Mirage IV

Mirage III / 5 : export version: Kfir, Pantera...

in 32nd:

Mirage 2000

Rafale

bye

Now for the fun part....Raymond says somewhere in this thread is Kinetic next possible project! Which of the hundreds of responses is it!

Matt

(or does that include the F-5?)

Well, let's see:

F-5E/F: Two perfectly good Monogram kits, one fairly good ESCI kit

MiG-23/27: Two really, really awful ESCI kits made before anyone had gotten up close to a Flogger.

By my math that makes it F-5 zero, Flogger WINS!

:)

J

Well, let's see:

F-5E/F: Two perfectly good Monogram kits, one fairly good ESCI kit

MiG-23/27: Two really, really awful ESCI kits made before anyone had gotten up close to a Flogger.

By my math that makes it F-5 zero, Flogger WINS!

:bandhead2:

J

I really think this post has outlived its usefulness.

I hope we'll see some floggers from K.

• 2 weeks later...